Many residents have been curious about the heavy equipment moving onto a vacant lot on Portland Way North. Earlier this year, a developer purchased the land between the Keep It Classy car wash and the Galion OB/GYN Clinic. The site is being prepped for a BellStores brand gas station. The store will provide fuel for both pedestrian vehicles and commercial trucks. A DQ restaurant is part of this project as well.
The city is aware traffic patterns along this section of the Portland Way corridor will be impacted as a result of this project. An engineer has been working on the necessary traffic maintenance improvements and we will announce further details on this early next year.
BellStores is owned by Campbell Oil, which was founded in 1939. The company is headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, and currently operates 56 locations. Visit its website for more information: www.bellstores.com.