Heavy snowfall is expected this weekend and the Service Department is prepared to keep Galion roadways safe for drivers. Residents are reminded of the Street Parking Ban on designated streets when snowfall exceeds three inches.
Designated snow streets are:
- Harding Way East/West
- Church Street (all)
- North Jefferson Street (between Church Street and Harding Way West)
- Liberty Street (between Church Street and Atwood Street)
- Columbus Street (between Church Street and Walnut Street)
- Market Street (all)
- Union Street (between Church Street and Walnut Street)
- Atwood Street (between Boston Street and Erie railroad tracks)
- Walnut Street (between Union Street and Liberty Street)
- South Boston Street (between Harding Way West and Grove Avenue)
- Grove Avenue (between South Boston Street and Portland Way South)
This gives plow trucks more clearance to remove snow. Parking may resume after snow has been cleared.